Beatdown Dungeon is a hybrid between dungeon crawler RPGs and fast-paced 2D fighting games. Travel through randomly generated dungeons, find treasure and fight all kinds of weird monsters. The combat is inspired by games such as Guilty Gear or Under Night In-Birth. Controls are easy to grasp and combos allow for creativity, with a lenient cancel system and the ability to summon helper characters . Develop your own fighting style by equipping badges to modify your skills and creating your own Custom Demon fighter.
This is the game's open beta version. All playable characters and dungeons are unlocked from the start, so that you can test the game as much as you want.
Beatdown Dungeon is still in development and feedback is always welcome! Don't hesitate to raise your voice if you didn't enjoy something, be it certain moves, or a character's hair color. If you run into any glitches, please report them.
Additions since the last demo:
- New playable character "Marv"
- New playable character "Queen"
- All four dungeons, plus the final battle included
- All 20 badges included and they can be unlocked in-game
- All 20 helper characters included and they can be unlocked in-game
- More items and map events
- Reworked combo system: you can now cancel into any move as long as it is stronger than your previous one. Input reader is also more lenient.
- a whole bunch of minor tweaks and fixes
If you want to learn more about the game's combat, download the battle_instructions.txt file. Oh, and the game is currently missing resolution options. I'm working on that.
The game has been tested on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
XBOX 360 Controllers and PS4 Controllers (recommended) alongside keyboard controls are currently supported.
Beatdown Dungeon is a creation of Phil Airdash. Further credits can be found inside the game.
Feel free to contact me on Twitter:
If you're interested in covering the game, you can download the press_kit.zip for some additional screenshots, promo art and further info.